Children who are baptised in the Catholic Church are entitled to a Catholic education. Although preference is given to baptised Catholic children, should numbers permit, places will be allocated to any members of the community seeking a Catholic education for their child. Our enrolment policy states the processes and procedures we undertake. All enrolments are at the discretion of the Parish Priest and School Principal.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO:
- Siblings of children already enrolled in St Joan of Arc.
- Catholic children who live within the boundaries of the Parish and active members of the Parish.
- Active members of the St Joan of Arc Parish community who live beyond the boundaries of the Parish.
- Catholic children who live in neighbouring parishes and whose parents have reached agreement with their own Parish Priest.
- Eastern Orthodox Christians within the Parish boundaries.
- Children of other religious denominations seeking a Christian education.
- Entry other than at Preparatory level will be considered on a case by case basis at the discretion of the Parish Priest.
- All enrolments are at the discretion of the Parish Priest.
- Parents seeking enrolment must first complete and sign an ‘Application for Enrolment’ form and submit this to the school principal.
- The principal (and where appropriate, Parish Priest), will interview parents who meet the criteria and who wish to enrol their child. At the point of application for enrolment, parents will be made aware of their obligation to pay school fees.
- The Parish Priest and Principal reserve the right to enrol a child whose special needs can be specifically met at St Joan of Arc School.
ENROLMENT AT ST JOAN OF ARC SCHOOL MEANS
- Abiding by the policies of the school.
- A willingness to support and participate in the Sacramental programs and school and parish celebrations.
- A sincere effort to be involved in social and fundraising events.
- A genuine effort to pay school fees and the Parish Levy except where, in case of hardship, that the Parish Priest or Principal is notified and an agreement is met.